Signature Candle: Candle Care
Posted on December 19 2017
Take care of your Greenleaf Signature Candles and burn the perfect candle with the following tips:
- Before lighting, trim the wick to the ideal length – ¼ inch. Remove trimmings from the wax because debris in the candle causes the flame to flicker too high, which leads to soot and blackening of the glass.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- The first burn is the most important – the candle wax must pool to the edge on the initial burn. Wax has memory, meaning that if your candle doesn’t burn to the edges, it will begin to tunnel and won’t burn evenly the next time. Keeping the candle away from airstreams like open AC vents, windows, or fans is crucial.
- In the perfect scenario, a person would burn their candle for four hours each time and not more than once every 24 hours to prolong the life of the candle.
- When extinguishing the candle, use a candle snuffer. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from the glass container. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
Our Signature Candles are a blend of soy wax and are housed in an elegant logo-etched glass, which is boxed beautifully in a sophisticated box wrapped with our signature patterns. Our Signature Candle is offered in a variety of fragrances and each candle burns 60-80 hours.