Posted on October 23 2018
Halloween is quickly approaching. Let's make it special and take time to enjoy it with the kids with some sanity-saving tips!
Halloween Décor Tips
1. Put a scented votive candle in your jack-o-lantern so that it looks AND smells good on your porch!
2. Preserve your pumpkin! Spray your pumpkin on the inside and outside with a bathroom cleaner that contains bleach. Let it evaporate for at least 5 minutes, then light you candle inside and display. This trick keeps the pumpkin from rotting too quickly and deters animals from trying to eat it. See more on pumpkin carving tips here.
3. Make sure to cut a vent in the top of your Jack-o-lantern so that smoke from the candle can escape!
4. Not feeling the spooky decorations? Simply use lanterns with your favorite candles to create a fun fall atmosphere. You can add gourds and sprigs of fall colored leaves around the lanterns to create a cozy look.
5. Less is more- keep things simple with a few of your favorite seasonal decorations and focus on the family.
Halloween Mom Tips
1. Be visible. Even if you’re planning on taking the kids trick or treating while the sun is out, it doesn’t hurt to add a strip of reflective material to your child’s costume so that they are visible to cars while they’re out and about.
2. Have a candy plan. We don’t want to be Debbie-downers because we love high fructose corn syrup as much as the next girl. A bag full of candy is a lot of temptation for anyone, so talk with your kids before trick or treating about how much candy they can have per day. Hopefully this will help you spread out the sugar intake!
3. Check the candy for choking hazards before letting the kiddos dig in.
4. Indulge a little bit- for us that means getting the orange Oreo’s. What does it mean for you?
5. Keep the candy somewhere only you and your spouse can reach it. Out of sight, out of mind, right?
6. Check your front yard for trash leftover from the night before.
7. Fix a delicious and nutritious breakfast with protein the morning after Halloween to help everyone get over their sugar crash.
Do you have any Halloween Tips we didn’t mention here? If so, let us know in a comment!
You May Also Like...
- Best of Fall Fragrance: Try out our seasonal picks based on customer feedback.
- Simmered Cider Recipe: Create a cozy fall drink for the family.
- How to Use a Sachet: Meet the diffuser you never knew you needed.